Thursday 25 April 2019 6.30 am – 2.30 pm
Spirits of the Red Sand invites you to honour ANZAC day our unique way – with a celebration of the Australian, Aboriginal, Kiwi and Māori that came together in the name of freedom. Co-owned by Aboriginal and Māori owners, Spirits of the Red Sand looks forward to celebrating with you the mateship that is the spirit of ANZAC and the unity that the day brings.
Fathers, mothers, sons and daughters – let us honour the servicemen and women who put their differences aside to join forces and work together, to serve our countries in times of need.
Let us once again stand in solidarity – in the spirit of togetherness, in the Spirits of the Red Sand.
You are all welcome here!
ANZAC DAY HIGHLIGHTS
- Gold coin entry (free for veterans)
- Special Aussie Anzac Breakfast
- Traditional smoking ceremony and Welcome to Country
- Award-winning Aboriginal and Māori cultural performances
- Live music and food tents
- Tour the gardens and Beenleigh Historical Village grounds
- Tin Cup Café open all day for breakfast, lunch, snacks or coffee
- FREE kid’s activities, Aboriginal face painting, boomerang painting, didgeridoo playing, Poi making and Māori stick game
Schedule of Events*
- 6:30am Special Anzac Breakfast at Tin Cup Café
- 8:30am Welcome to Country and Traditional Smoking Ceremony
- 8:45am Guest Speaker Tom Childs
- 8:55am Flag Raising Ceremony
- 9:00am Cultural Performances
- 9:15am Live Music starts
*Timings are approximate and may change on the day due to unforeseen circumstances