Update: 10th February 2021
Recent arrivals from Melbourne
Queensland Health is asking any person who has arrived to Queensland from the Greater Melbourne region since 29 January 2021 to be tested for COVID-19 and isolate until they receive a negative result.
Parts of Western Australia are declared hotspots
Perth and the Peel and South West regions (46 LGAs and two unincorporated areas) are declared COVID-19 hotspots. People who have been in these regions are subject to Public Health Directions. More information here.
Queensland’s border is open to Greater Sydney and all other states
The hotspot declaration for Greater Sydney has been revoked from 1:00am AEST Monday, 1 February 2021. Visitors from all states (other than Western Australia) no longer need to complete a border declaration and can visit Queensland for any purpose.
New Zealand Safe Travel Zone reopens
New Zealand has been reinstated as a Safe Travel Zone country, meaning anyone from New Zealand who travels to Australia on a quarantine-free flight (green flight) can come to Queensland without needing to quarantine. More information here.
Update from our team: 1st December 2020
Queensland welcomes all NSW and VIC visitors. Spirits of the Red Sand operates under the Tourism and Accommodation COVID Safe Business plan and we are committed to keeping our guests and team safe by observing physical distancing, hand hygiene, frequent cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and contact tracing. If you are unwell, please stay home and get tested.
Due to COVID safe protocols, please DO NOT ATTEND Spirits of the Red Sand if:
- you have currently, or have recently experienced any COVID-19 symptoms including cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath you, or a member of your household, has travelled overseas in the past 30 days
- you, or a member of your household, has travelled to a COVID hotspot in Australia in the past 30 days
- you have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 or is an active COVID-19 case
To limit the spread of the virus please:
- stay at least 1.5 meters away from others
- don’t shake hands and avoid any other close physical contact where possible
- cover coughs and sneezes with an elbow or tissue
- avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth
- wash your hands or use hand sanitiser after touching any surfaces, eating or drinking
Update from our team – 17th November 2020
Here is an update to the Queensland Tourism and Accommodation Industry COVID safe Business Plan Spirits of the Red Sand are operating under. As always, if you are unwell, please stay home and get tested.
- Gatherings: Increase gatherings in homes and public spaces from 40 to 50 people across Queensland.
- Indoor premises: Increase from one per person per 4m2 to one per person per 2m2 (e.g. restaurants, cafes, pubs, clubs, museums, art galleries, places of worship, convention centres and Parliament House). Indoor play areas within a premises can open too. (except for sleeping quarters in accommodation)
- Wedding ceremonies: Up to 200 people can attend a wedding and all guests can dance (both indoors and outdoors).
- Funerals: Up to 200 people can attend a funeral.
- Indoor events: Seated, ticketed venues to increase from 50% to 100% with patrons to wear masks on entry and exit (e.g. theatre, live music, cinemas and indoor sports). Performers can reduce the distance from the audience from 4m to 2m, except choirs which remain at 4m from the audience.
- Outdoor events: Increase outdoor events from 1000 to 1500 with a COVID Safe Event Checklist. Larger events require a COVID Safe Plan.
- Open-air stadiums: Increase seated capacity from 75% to 100% (with a COVID Safe Plan).
- Outdoor dancing: Outdoor dancing allowed (e.g. outdoor music festivals, beer gardens).
- Marine Tourism Vessels: Under the new restrictions, marine tourism vessels can have one person per 2sqm based on their inside capacity.
Queensland Tourism and Accommodation Industry COVID safe Business Plan
We are proud to display the ‘Good to Go’ logo meaning we have:
- Allow for social distancing
- Operate under the QLD Government roadmap and Industry safe plan
- Collect information for contact tracing
- Increase cleaning and hygiene practices
We have completed these trainings and have these credentials to further assure you that we are providing a safe experience.